- Lifestar currently has in operation 24 ambulances and 11 wheelchair vans.
- All ambulances are equipped with advanced life support equipment.
- Our fleet of vehicles is maintained within our agency by our on staff mechanics.
A major portion of our operation is non emergency transports which include:
- Doctors Appointments
- Routine Dialysis
- Outpatient Services
- Tansports To Home Upon Discharge From A Hospital
- X-Rays, Surgery Or Laboratory Testing
- Interfacility Transports
LogistiCare can be contacted at 1-866-679-6330.
Lifestar provides emergency pre-hospital care for many correctional and nursing facilities. We do this with the use of our advanced and basic life support personnel. We also provide pre-hospital care to many patients in the community who wish to use our service.
ALS interfacility transports
With the use of paramedics and intermediate EMS personnel, we provide advanced life support service to several hospitals in our area. We transport patients that are in need of specialized care and may need to be monitored closely. We are able to transport patients that have IV medications, need ventilator support, cardiac monitoring or have chest tubes. We also have RSI (Rapid Sequence Intubation).
Lifestar provides wheelchair services in a large part of our service area. These services are provided to patients who are in need of wheelchair transport for routine appointments such as:
- Doctors appointments
- Routine dialysis
- Outpatient services
- Transports to home upon discharge from a hospital
- X-Rays, surgery or laboratory testing
- Each wheelchair unit is equipped with an AED (Automated External Defibrillator).
- Medicare does not cover wheelchair transportation under any circumstances.
- Medicaid will cover wheelchair van transportation based on patient’s eligibility; however, preauthorization is required and must be obtained through LogistiCare prior to service being rendered.
- LogistiCare can be contacted at 1-866-679-6330.
- Since most insurance companies do not cover wheelchair transport, we require payment upfront at the time of service. Contact our Billing Department for a quote for wheelchair services.